Akamai Technologies, Inc Developer Evangelist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Cambridge, United States
Jul 10, 2018 Post Date
013249 Requisition #
As the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, Akamai makes the Internet fast, reliable and secure for our customers. With the Akamai Intelligent Platform, we power upwards of a third of the internet’s traffic during peak times. And for developers it means that they have at their disposal a set of tools and resources to supercharge their websites and apps to meet and exceed their customer's demands.
About the Job
As an Akamai Developer Evangelist you will be working with a developer marketing team that is blazing the way forward for innovative digital experiences. You will be responsible for working directly with developers and admins from our customers and partners to support and create solutions integrated with the Akamai Platform as well as winning the hearts and minds of those that are new to Akamai. This is a highly technical role where you are expected to support customers in their development efforts especially with our SDKs and APIs, facilitate internal collaboration within Akamai Engineering, and recruit new developers into the Akamai developer community. In this position, you will mold the future of the developer and admin experience. Applicants must be eager to join a fast paced and fun environment rife with big challenges and a team-first approach.
As a member of the Developer Marketing team, the role will include:
● Cultivate platform awareness across the company.
● Developer Enablement, helping developers integrate Akamai technogy into their applications easily and quickly
● Provide feedback and market insight on tools,usage patterns, and communities to promote simple, consistent, and idiomatic development.
● Lead an online developer community including ongoing contributions via open source contributions, knowledge documents, and participation in the community forums.
● Write and publish code that uses Akamai SDKs, libraries and APIs for our developer community.
● Contribute to product requirements
● Help with product messaging and positioning.
● Support Akamai’s customer support team to triage and troubleshoot customer’s mobile apps when interfacing with the Akamai platform
● Speak at industry conferences, developer meetups, first-party, and internal events.
● Create content of all types: code samples, presentations, blogs, screencasts, webcasts, etc.
● Deliver articulate, effective presentations and demos to technical audiences.
● Lead interactive design and training sessions with Akamai's key prospects and customers.
● Become an expert in and evangelize the Akamai platform.
● Travel (including international destinations.)
Required Experience and Education
● Education: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a software architect, evangelist, product manager or other role where both technical and social skills are required.
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing or defining mobile app or web-based software systems and frameworks.
● Minimum of 2 years' track record in social/digital media via blogging, tweeting, writing technical articles or participating in discussion boards - preferably with an existing follower base.
● Minimum of 2 years' experience speaking in front of large groups.
● Knowledge of common Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS.
● Working knowledge of APIs / Data formats JSON
● Experience with iOS or Android development
● Proven success discovering customer issues and quantifying needs
● Knowledge in cellular technologies such as LTE, 3G, UMTS, etc.
● Strong command of different infrastructure architectures.
● Keep up with the happenings in the industry, evolving customer needs.
Is relocation available for this position: No
Is US Citizenship required: No
Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.