Akamai Technologies, Inc International General Ledger Accountant in Krakow, Poland
International General Ledger Accountant
4 days ago Post Date
014356 Requisition #
About the Company
We're at the heart of the Internet, handling between 15-30% of the world’s total web traffic, helping the most innovative companies remove the complexities of delivering any experience, to any device, anywhere. Founded in the halls of MIT, Akamai remains dedicated to a youthful optimism of problem solving through intellectual curiosity, collaboration and commitment. And we're growing quickly. If you'd like to work in a culture where hard work and innovative ideas are consistently rewarded, join us and help shape the future of the hyperconnected world.
Akamai has been recognized as one of the top Great Places To Work in Poland by the Great Place to Work® Institute in Poland.
About the Job & the Team
We are a team of 24 people responsible for supporting International operations of Akamai. We are looking for an individual to join our Process Accounting team, which manages accounting for some of the most material transactions in our International organization. This team has been built to support accounting activities which are consistent in nature across multiple entities and therefore can be executed centrally. Among other tasks, it is responsible for ensuring the completeness of assigned expense categories through reviewing data and then preparing and booking journal entries where necessary. This requires close cooperation with other finance and non-finance representatives around the world to collect the appropriate data and then validate them.
As an organization, we provide you with huge amount of positive atmosphere accompanied with interesting development opportunities. We will support you in growing your skills and qualifications by organizing internal and external trainings and language courses. If you would like to be a part of young, diverse team, who enjoys challenges and working with each other, join us! You will have a chance to have real impact on the organization you work for!
This is a long term contract (12 months) with the potential to go permanent for the right person.
We are looking for people who:
• Hold a degree in Finance or Finance related major
• Have experience in general ledger accounting and reporting
• Possess strong Excel skills
• Speak, write and read English language fluently
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills and are able to draw clear and relevant conclusions
• Are eager to drive innovation
• Are strongly motivated to learn and demonstrate a proactive approach
• Are cooperative and communicative
• Enjoy working in international and a fast paced changing environment
• Are independent and well organized in operations
• Are able to create clear and concise documentation
• Have experience with Oracle or other ERP applications (a strong plus)
• Be responsible for month-end and year-end accounting and closing process within specified General Ledger area (including but not limited to Global Month-End Accruals and Cash Management).
• Independently prepare assigned month end accrual estimations (e.g. marketing expense accrual, vacation accrual),
• Prepare monthly cost variance analysis within the area of responsibility
• Ensure balance sheet accounts accuracy and completeness (including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations),
• Collaborate with representatives of other Akamai departments and functions
• Cooperate closely with other Finance teams (especially Treasury & Tax, AR and AP) to support financial operations
• Help monitor compliance with US GAAP, company policies and internal controls
• Drive process improvements within the assigned scope of operations
• Support other accounting areas and functions as required
Please add to your CV the statement below:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).”
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.