Akamai Technologies, Inc. NOCC Engineer in Krakow, Poland
Jun 12, 2018 Post Date
013302 Requisition #
About the Team
Join Akamai and you join a culture that's extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions!
This is an opportunity to work in a large scale, global network operations department. Working directly with Akamai’s product you are involved in every facet of Akamai’s network operations and get to contribute to Akamai’s success while being part of a very important team.
As a Platform Operations Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Diagnosing troubles identified by network monitoring and working to resolve issues.
• Monitoring, troubleshooting & correcting server and network problems and live network broadcasting issues.
• Working with various third parties (Engineers, System Architects, Infrastructure Vendors, Customers, and Developers) to narrow down problems and achieve resolution.
• Clearly and effectively documenting information in the Trouble Ticket system for communication to other staff, to open tickets and follow up on escalated problem
These roles will work on a 2nd or 3rd shift. The hours will be discussed with candidate during the phone interview part of the process.
• Experience with implementation and support of large, complex, IP-based networks or equivalent experience
• Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration
• Experience with scripting or equivalent experience
• Experience with database administration/ SQL scripting or equivalent experience
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking/WAN data communications.
• Understanding of routing and routing concepts.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.