Akamai Technologies, Inc. Product Manager in Krakow, Poland
Jun 19, 2018 Post Date
010349 Requisition #
About the Job
Do you enjoy working on complex technology problems? Do you want to be involved in defining business strategy and solutions to ensure customer success? Does the opportunity to have a material impact on the direction of our products excite you?
The Product Manager will report to the Director, Global Services & Support Product Management and will define and drive the strategy for one or more of Akamai’s Services & Support products. Your goals will be to get Product/Market fit by understanding customer needs, establish requirements to guide the product engineering process, and work cross-functionally to build a scalable delivery model.
To be successful, you will be bring a mission-driven, results-oriented attitude and be capable of turning complex problems into actionable plans to help the business and our customers succeed. Technical aptitude, business savvy, and strong communication skills are a must for this position.
The best product managers are experts in their market, products, and business. To that end, you will track and understand industry trends, collect and analyze customer feedback, maintain a product backlog to guide product development, and prepare and deliver product-level revenue/bookings reports to guide business decisions.
About the Team
As part of Akamai’s Global Services and Support Product Management team, you will play a key role in defining and building compelling products to provide Akamai’s customers with a competitive advantage in the increasingly complex digital world. Akamai’s Service & Support business has been experiencing significant growth and we need you to help continue that trajectory.
• Own the product strategy and build a roadmap for your products.
• Work closely with a full cross-functional team, which includes product marketing, sales, service and support, operations, integration services, customer care, and billing, to build a scalable delivery model.
• Become a market expert by meeting with customers, studying the industry, and attending relevant industry trade-shows and sponsorship events.
• Identify and forecast market needs to inform our product strategy.
• Define requirements for, and work cross-functionally to implement, new products into Akamai’s Service & Support product catalogue.
• Define and manage the pricing model for your products – both the price points and the pricing structure – to deliver optimal value for our customers.
• Conduct price-sensitivity and supply-demand analyses to understand how price impacts demand for your products.
• Prepare and deliver product-level reports on revenue, bookings, upgrades, and churn to guide key business decisions.
• Overall Experience: Minimum 10 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
• 5 years of experience in Product Management, or closely related function, within a technology company.
• Great time management skills and availability to work with stakeholders from around the world.
• Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations.
• Solid understanding of Product Management principles and experience being a key player in the product engineering process.
• Experience launching and growing a new product in the enterprise technology space.
• Desire for ongoing challenges and interest in continuously learning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to a broad range of technical and business audiences.
• Experience in life cycle management of customer portals, control center applications or B2B service portals.
Please add to your CV the statement below: „Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).”
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.