Akamai Technologies, Inc. Security Operations Center Specialist in Krakow, Poland
Security Operations Center Specialist
2 days ago Post Date
013087 Requisition #
Akamai Global Security Operations Center (SOCC) is responsible for Security Services on an Enterprise level. Each shift is a team-oriented, cross-functional unit responsible for the detection and mitigation of Cyber attacks. Regular training, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement are important elements of the SOCC.
This commitment to security is why we’re trusted by the most security-conscious industries, including 18 of the largest asset managers, 12 of the top insurers, and 8 of the top financial technology companies. We protect our customers against the growing threat of cyber attacks and cyber terrorism.
About the Job
Join the team of more than 30 brightest individuals in the Security industry and top DDoS mitigators in the world. Utilize your broad networks knowledge, security skills, brilliant customer service and extensive knowledge about all Akamai related products to provide top-notch security support among 55 percent of Fortune 500 companies which already trusted Akamai!
This is a “hands on console” position, granting you access to variety of technologies that Akamai SOCC uses in order to fight DDoS attacks. As a part of the SOCC, you will have possibility to operate on both, globally recognized enterprise vendor equipments and Akamai proprietary DDoS mitigation solutions. Fighting a number of multi vector DDoS attacks daily, makes every day at SOCC a unique. If you are hard working, open for challenges individual this position is for you.
Please mind, that this role will work on rotational shift (mixed day and night shifts) for a total of 4 days on and 3 days off (40 hours per week). In general, this will include hours during specified weekdays and one weekend day each time. The shifts and hours will be discussed with candidates during the phone interview part of the process.
As SOCC Specialist you will:
• Perform advanced packet analysis to identify complex attack vectors
• Perform investigations relating to security forensics
• Development and Implementation of highly complicated mitigation strategies
• Perform advanced customer traffic security analysis
• Troubleshoot advanced platform and customer integration issues while under attack
• Provide customer communications relating to advanced security events
• Develop advanced network troubleshooting workflows related to security
• Assist with the development, testing and implementation of mitigation strategies and security products (i.e. hardware software)
• Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years in an IT role
• Experience in an information security based role
• Professional experience in a customer facing environment
• Must be ready to come to a place where you are free to innovate, collaborate and shape how the world lives, works and plays
• Individuals with advanced knowledge of scripting or programming languages a plus
• Knowledge of various security packages, tools, cyber attack types & security concepts
• Advanced knowledge of tcpdump using Berkley Packet Filters, tshark, and Wireshark traffic analyzing tools like a mad scientist
• Extensive knowledge of OWASP
• Knows how to stop intruders in its tracks with IDS/IPS, WAF, and other basic firewall security concepts
• CEH, CCNA, CCNP, RHCT, Linux+ or any advanced Forensic or Security GIAC certification
Please add to your CV the statement below:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).”
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.