Akamai Technologies, Inc. Senior Fullstack Developer in Krakow, Poland
Senior Fullstack Developer
1 day ago Post Date
006106 Requisition #
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be focused on building highly usable, reliable, and scalable software solutions that will be at the forefront of handling customer engagements within the company. You will create sophisticated implementations on both the client and server sides focusing primarily on developing software the right way to maximize efficiency within the SDLC through automation. Delivery and Deployment is a critical part of Akamai's ability to deliver high quality software incrementally and continuously.
About the Team
Akamai’s Global Services & Support organization (GSS) is responsible for driving customer loyalty; innovating to meet customers’ evolving online business needs; and for fostering a culture of accountability and exceptional service to optimize customer engagement. GSS organization includes the core functions of Professional Services, Services Delivery, Customer Experience, Account Management, Service Enablement, and Engineering. This world-class organization provides customers with the deep technical understanding and industry expertise to create new business opportunities, maximize return on investment, and reduce risk.
The Portal Team within the services organization is responsible for building customer facing workflows and dashboards. The workflows and dashboards will be used by Akamai’s customers to engage and consume the services products offered by the GSS Team.
You will be responsible for:
• Design and implement REST APIs used by other Luna apps and customers to access core objects and data.
• Design and implementation dashboards and workflows on the Pulsar Platform.
• Design and develop web based applications which will be utilized by Akamai’s customers.
• Create new features from scratch, enhance existing features and optimize existing functionality.
• Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the Customer facing Services Portal on Luna.
• Work with engineering support team to troubleshoot complex network problems and customer issues.
• Manage changes to existing systems to ensure that they align with the long-term strategy.
• Analyze usage both qualitatively and quantitatively to improve overall system effectiveness.
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in continuous delivery and developer tools.
• Work to understand, explain and improve complicated code bases.
• Work closely with our QA teams to come up with regression tests and improve QA tools
Required Education and Experience
• 5+ years of experience building scalable, highly available and easy to use applications
• Degree in IT field is not a must have but is consider to be a big advantage
• Experience in Web development using Java (with frameworks like Spring)
• Experience in developing front-end components of enterprise or B2B applications with good understanding of HTML, CSS frameworks like Bootstrap and JS frameworks like Angular.
• Experience developing software in a Linux or Unix environment.
• Experience working in Enterprise environments/technology
• Docker/LXC experience
• Expertise in cross-platform software build systems, release engineering, automation, packaging, continuous integration and deployment.
• Experience with Continuous integration, Build Automation and Continuous deployment tools like Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Gradle, etc.
• A clear understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Source Code Management Systems.
• Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, such as EC2, OpenStack, Azure.
• Proficient in building and consuming RESTful APIs.
• Knowledge or experience with both SQL and no-SQL database systems.
• Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understand the challenges of packaging products and managing dependencies for enterprise software development.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
• Experience with Agile Methodology and Scrum and ability to operate within short release cycles.
• Self-starter who is able to work closely with team members and customers.
Please add to your CV the statement below: „Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).”
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.