Akamai Technologies, Inc. Senior InfoSec & Compliance Advisor in Krakow, Poland
Senior InfoSec & Compliance Advisor
May 18, 2018 Post Date
013074 Requisition #
We are looking for a Senior Security Compliance Advisor to lead a number of information security initiatives and be a subject matter expert on information security and compliance matters.
This individual will play a direct and key role in an exciting strategic roadmap for Akamai and its customers.
As a Senior Security Compliance Advisor, you will be responsible for:
* Maintaining current knowledge of applicable security standards and monitoring advancements in information security technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance
- Leading security compliance reviews, exercising discretion and independent judgment
* Providing information security and compliance advisory services on new and changing products and systems
Identifying systemic gaps in information security and analyzing the effectiveness of security controls
Providing management with proper context of potential exposure to control weaknesses
Designing and driving strategic initiatives related to control and process improvements
Serving as the serving as the subject matter expert for audit engagements, demonstrating familiarity with a broad variety of complex processes, systems and technologies regarding risk management and information security matters
Developing an ongoing trusted advisor relationship with stakeholders to ensure continued excellence in safety and security
* Establishing and driving goals and consensus across cross-functional teams with members spanning Akamai, including Information Security, Platform Engineering, Product Development Engineering, Product Operations and Networks
Developing talented professionals for information security, security compliance and leadership positions
Communicating effectively through clear written and verbal communications and active listening
About the Team
Akamai's InfoSec Team is responsible for safeguarding the security of Akamai’s infrastructure and provide internal advocacy for security practices. Within this larger context, the Security Compliance team works closely with product and platform teams throughout the company to help ensure that Akamai systems meet both the safety and security compliance needs of our customers and the public.
* Experience building enterprise governance, risk, and compliance programs and driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements Required Education and
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements: * BA/BS or Graduate Degree in computer science, information technology, information security or related field of study
* 10+ years of experience in IT security, IT risk management or IT audit
4+ years of experience with industry compliance and security standards including one or more of the following: PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA, NIST/DoD frameworks, HITECH, TÜV cloud security, IRAP, FedRAMP
4+ years of experience advising customers on architectures to securely meet business needs while also meeting or exceeding industry standards and local policies
4+ years working knowledge of risk management methods and risk registers
- Security certifications (e.g., CISA, CISSP) are a plus
* Advisory experience in data privacy
* Demonstrated ability to independently lead program work at an enterprise scale
* Proven leadership, organization, and planning skills
* Ability to interact and communicate with senior executives across multiple business areas
Excellent time management skills including the ability to prepare, prioritize, and complete work plans
Experience working in a fast-paced matrix organization
Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills
* Ability to think strategically in a security context of business, product, and technical challenges
* Demonstrate advanced understanding of security controls, IT controls and related standards
- Proven ability to deliver cross-functional strategic initiatives
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.