Akamai Technologies, Inc. Senior Manager Finance Operations in Krakow, Poland
Senior Manager Finance Operations
Jun 06, 2018 Post Date
012178 Requisition #
Overview and Primary Responsibilities
The Senior Manager of Finance Operations will provide oversight and leadership to drive operational and financial efficiency. This person has the primary responsibility for ensuring that the Infrastructure Leadership has the information it needs to understand and take full ownership for their respective areas of responsibility.
A primary goal would be to ensure that Infrastructure, as an organization, understands its operational and financial commitments to Akamai, and that processes and systems are built or improved to facilitate timely and relevant scorecards and reporting, business planning and analysis, and long range operational and strategic planning.
This interdepartmental business function will:
• Drive optimal use of human and physical resources & forecast future need
• Ensure predictability of financial commitments
• Establish formalized risk management and contingency planning
• Develop Network Infrastructure goals, their measurement and communication plan
• Lead project management of key strategic initiatives
Reporting to the RVP of Infrastructure, this leadership position is accountable for the following objectives:
• Financial Analysis in support of major Infrastructure initiatives and business decisions
• Linkages between Business Finance and Infrastructure for forecasting, planning, actuals, and variance analysis
• Financial modeling for major expenses (Colo, Bandwidth, Contractor, Freight, etc.)
• Planning and tracking to mission critical metrics and quarterly and yearly commitments
• Governance for COGS savings initiatives in the geography
• Organize quarterly & annual forecast and commit efforts for Infrastructure
• Track contract T&Cs and provide pricing strategy advice for renewals
Infrastructure & Support Leadership
• Identify operational gaps and propose/implement strategies to close
• Drive analysis of organizational structure and implement restructuring for efficiency
• Track key operational metrics
• Mobilizes team to adapt to changes in the business
• End-to-end project management of the Geo Plan of Record
• Ensure overall performance against performance targets
• Design projects to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments
Qualifications - Required Education and Experience
• Candidate must have at least 10 years of Financial and Operations Planning experience supporting executive management in a complex, technologically driven business.
• Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience working with finance teams to form, establish and own budgets but also understanding financial models and experience in building of ROI business cases
• Ability to explain operational and financial concepts to business leaders and business objectives to Infrastructure & Operations teams including the skill of influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization within complex contexts.
• Ability to drive organizational change and build analysis, reporting, and business intelligence capabilities that effectively balance the need to continuously evolve organizational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative planning solutions to enable the business to explore new opportunities
• Excellent analytical, strategic, conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills to leverage internal and external resources that enable the company to realize its objectives.
• Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
• 10 or more years of experience of direct management of cross functional or matrixed teams
• Experience attracting, developing and leading a complex, diverse and strong analytical, database management/reporting staff and external resource management and planning in a large, technical organization
• Significant experience identifying and leveraging resources internal and external to the corporation enhancing capabilities that support our businesses
• High sense of cultural and inclusive awareness and behavior
• Excel experience is required
• Financial coursework or equivalent background is a plus
• Minimum of 20 years of successful leadership in Business Finance and including telecommunications in a comparably organization (size and complexity). Extensive experience leading efforts related to Strategic and Long Range Planning, Forecasting, Reporting, Analysis, Business Partnership and Process Improvement for Executive Leadership
• Excellent analytical, strategic, conceptual thinking, strategic planning execution and problem solving skills
• Must be able to function efficiently and effectively in a fast paced and competitive working environment by successfully handling multiple fast-paced, complex projects simultaneously
• Elite Communications and presentation skills, particularly ability to simplify and show financial impact while grasping the big picture
• Prior experience successfully leading large teams (direct and matrixed) with responsibilities for financial analysis, management reporting and transactional processing and approval.
• Understanding of and experience designing and maintaining Sarbanes Oxley financial controls
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.