Akamai Technologies, Inc Site Reliability Engineer in Krakow, Poland
Site Reliability Engineer
5 days ago Post Date
014290 Requisition #
About the Job
The Site Reliability Engineer in the Portal DevOps team has the responsibility to ensure smooth operation and up-time, as well as optimal performance of Akamai’s Luna Portal services and infrastructure. Candidate will maintain and support systems operation and performance in production and lab environments, with a special focus on the on-premises and cloud-based back-end and infrastructure elements, including servers, firewalls and databases. He or she will also monitor and manage the scalability, availability, and security of Akamai’s critical Portal infrastructure, and work closely with Software Engineering teams to advise on operational aspect of the software they develop. The Site Reliability Engineer at Akamai’s Luna Portal will work with a microservices-based platform, utilizing modern technologies, such as Docker, Mesos & Marathon, Kafka, Apache Cassandra and others.
About the Team
Luna Control Center is Akamai’s public portal, the critical interface used by Akamai’s customers and internal teams to manage Akamai services, access support materials, review analytic data, and plan their online events. We are committed to enhance our user’s experience and create a unique competitive differentiator in terms of feature set, self-service, speed, availability and security.
● Analysis and resolution of availability and performance issues affecting Luna’s users and internal stakeholders
● Response, active ownership, and drive towards fixing availability & performance issues reported to the Portal DevOps team, including cooperation with Software Development teams and other internal stakeholders
● Solving complex problems in a timely and accurate manner through active troubleshooting, automation and systems programming.
● Development and Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, log analysis and trend identification systems in both production and lab environments.
● Automation activities and/or systems programming to solve complex operational problems associated with running large scale, multi-tenant, production and lab environments
● Integrate Luna Platform components which will be utilized by Akamai’s engineering teams and customers by working with the Engineering teams to incorporate the DevOPS model of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
● Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the Luna Platform by providing insight on best operational practices, as part of the product life cycle and operate in an agile SDLC model (SCRUM) in collaboration with QA, Product Operations and Other Engineering teams. Recommend and advocate best practices and tools in the areas of systems operation, availability and performance throughout the Luna engineering community.
● Participate in incident resolution processes driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues
● Design and development of internal debugging and monitoring tools and solutions to support and streamline everyday operations of the Portal DevOps team.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
● Experience with Linux administration
● Experience with scripting in Python, bash or similar scripting languages
● Basic understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, Apache Cassandra)
● Basic understanding of Java-based technologies
● Fluency in speaking and writing in English
● Prior successful experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or Systems Administrator
● Strong understanding of Linux/Unix system components and low-level workings
● Experience using monitoring tools, such as Prometheus, Grafana, TickStack, Zabbix, etc.
● System administration programming in Python, Perl, or similar scripting languages
● Administrative experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, monitoring, maintaining Linux infrastructure
● Experience using version control systems, like GIT and Perforce
● Readiness for infrequent on-call rotation and working with tickets (i.e JIRA ticketing system)
● Willingness to work in an international environment, spanning multiple time zones
● Can-do, positive attitude
Please add to your CV the statement below:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).”
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.