Akamai Technologies, Inc Systems Engineer - Splunk in Krakow, Poland
Systems Engineer - Splunk
Aug 03, 2018 Post Date
013822 Requisition #
About the job:
As a Splunk Systems Engineer, you will be a member of the Enterprise Platform Tools (EPT) team responsible for designing and implementing self-service tools that enhance IT productivity for Enterprise Infrastructure Services. The team is a global group of highly technical engineers that support Akamai’s dynamic Corporate IT environments. You will be working to help develop, optimize,and enhance internal tools used to manage and deploy the IT infrastructure of the company. The position's primary focus will be around optimizing and enhancing our Splunk environment to ensure it is ready for the future demand at Akamai.
The key objectives of the EPT team are to analyze, design and implement the technical requirements of projects, which include the selection, design, and management of configuration management services, monitoring and reporting services, as well as custom solutions consumed by the IT organization. The position includes planning, requirements gathering, specification, design and the implementation of enterprise IT solutions, as well as the documentation and transition of operational processes required to support complex technical solutions.
About the team:
You will be an integral part of a highly skilled team of geographically dispersed engineers responsible for creating self-service tools and solutions which enhance productivity. The team’s primary goal is to increase productivity and improve the efficiency of the infrastructure environment, while decreasing cost and downtime.
The EPT team is part of the Enterprise Platform Engineering (EPE) group which is responsible for the design, deployment and management of EPT services, Identity and Access Management, Enterprise Hosting Services and Enterprise Storage, and client compute resources at Akamai. The EPE team is part of the Enterprise Infrastructure Services group in Akamai's Corporate IT organization.
● Provide on-going engineering and Tier3 support of service implementations while acting as an escalation point for operations team and support issues
● Evaluate, Install, and integrate applications from Splunkbase
● Mentoring and training operational staff in order to support Splunk services including the creation of operations documentation for maintaining the Splunk infrastructure
● Document new development/integration items with detailed technical specifications, as well as testing and validating all development/integration items
● Setting up Splunk Forwarding for new application tiers introduced into the environment.
● Troubleshooting Splunk performance issues, log feeds, field extractions, spl syntax, etc., as well as identifying bad searches/dashboards and partnering with the creators to improve performance
● Monitor the Splunk infrastructure for optimization opportunities
● Report generation and customization
● Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
● Monitor utilization to identify potential problem areas before they result in incidents
● Work with engineering and operational teams to understand and evaluate existing processes and technical designs, and recommending areas for improvement
● Coordinate and enhance internal processes
● Work with other team members to monitor and review system capacity and design upgrade plans
● Manage small to medium size projects and provide technical input to the EPT team
● Apply business and technical analytical skills to analyze, identify, design, implement and develop comprehensive support processes to resolve complex business & operational issues
● Assist in the development of an EPT strategy that aligns with Akamai’s business objectives
● Remain knowledgeable of trends and advancements in information systems and information technology in order to assess the feasibility of implementing new services, systems, and technologies
● 5+ years of experience with Splunk configuration / development / implementation architecture, configuration, monitoring, and compliance.
● 3+ years experience in Server Architecture (Server Configuration, Security, Networking)
● 3+ years experience with advanced familiarity with most operating system commands/utilities on Windows and/or Linux
● 2+ years experience with programming technologies (Python, Powershell, Ruby)
● Experience with an enterprise Splunk 6x+ in a distributed environment including design, implementation, and support of Index Clusters, Forwarders, Search-Head Clusters Setup, etc.
● Experience with Linux and Windows agents for Splunk administration with a solid understanding of the Splunk system
● Experience in onboarding new data, inputting new information, creating new dashboards, extraction info through splunk
● Excellent troubleshooting skills
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff including executives
● Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills
● Good analytical skills and project management skills
● Experience upgrading a distributed Splunk environment
● Experience managing and maintaining a distributed Splunk environment using configuration and installation automation tools
● Hands on experience creating roles and playbooks in Ansible
● Familiarity with metric-based monitoring and integration with event-based monitoring
● Splunk Admin Certification
● Familiarity with server-side scripting
● Has a broad experience from either a development or operations perspective
● Experience with documentation and change management
● Experience working with geographically dispersed team members and customers.
● Understanding of various programming languages
● Good understanding of the ITIL frameworks along with the incident, problem and change management processes and procedures
● Willingness to take initiative and to overcome obstacles to achieve personal, organizational, and company goals
● Passion for pushing the limits of back-end technologies and their use in the workplace as a means to accomplish business objectives
Please add to your CV the statement below:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).”
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.