Akamai Technologies, Inc. Solutions Architect II in Munich, Germany
Solutions Architect II
May 17, 2018 Post Date
013037 Requisition #
About the role:
Security Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai's solutions.
You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a small technical team in delivering security solutions to Akamai's customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai platform configurations to integrate with customer web sites, develop and execute test cases and scripts for customer solutions.
You will be a part of a strong innovative culture where you will use Akamai’s services to support our customers with cyber-attack detection and support mitigation strategies, process and quality improvements. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of Akamai’s Security solutions offering. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
About the Team:
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an ongoing exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy. The SA Security team is part of Akamai’s security business unit and are responsible for implementing Akamai’s Security solutions.
• You will work with customers to incorporate Akamai Security products and services into their architecture and operations to derive business value
• You will analyze customer web security traffic to tune security configurations
• You will provide expertise to optimize security posture
• You will build and install configurations and associated services
• You will implement new services in coordination with the customers’ and our project management team
• You will monitor timelines and milestones for changes and corresponding project impacts
• You will certify customers to use our services
• You will participate in training initiatives for the team, in order to help the team grow their technical skills and soft skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS/CS or equivalent experience
• Level of experience - Open with at least 1 year in a security environment
• Must be experienced with HTTP/HTTPS and DNS
• Strong understanding of Network Protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS and DNS
• Web security background
• 2 years Linux/Unix skills
• Certifications such as CEH, GWAPT, OSCP or CISSP beneficial
• Experience with on-site IDS/IPS or Firewalls or Web Application Firewalls.
• Experience with Unix and web-related programming or scripting languages: Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting, J2EE, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, etc.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.