Akamai Technologies, Inc. Systems Support Engineer in San Jose, Costa Rica
Systems Support Engineer
San Jose, Costa Rica
General & Administrative
5 days ago Post Date
013569 Requisition #
About the Job
As Systems Support Engineer, you will work in a global environment and apply skills in application administration, deployment, and production configuration. You will own the responsibilities of administration for bunch of Enterprise Applications end to end, responsible for application monitoring and Incident management.
Administer Enterprise Applications like CRM on an on-going basis. Deploy Enterprise Applications in production and configure them. Understand the various business processes around the Enterprise Applications to deliver value. Be adaptive. Be productive quickly in a new environment that is fast paced. Learn new processes and multiple technologies. “Roll up your sleeves” and do what needs to be done.
· The team responds to incidents, but more importantly gathers and analyzes data to root out errors, discern trends and prevent incidents through pro-active analysis and monitoring. The team is responsible for identifying and finding root cause for issues occurring across Enterprise Applications.
· Work closely with Engineering teams, specifically with development teams & Business Analyst that design and deploy all deliverables across Enterprise Applications and provide post go-live application support.
· Is a Go-getter with ability to identify, analyze and debug issues? Provide short term as well as long term solutions to issue, especially customer escalations.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Sciences/Systems Management and equivalent experience
Overall Work Experience: 2 - 3 years
· Minimum 2 years of experience with Enterprise Application Administration, preferably in Salesforce and other applications like ERP/CRM/enterprise-class systems.
· Knowledge on deployment methodologies like Jenkins, Perl script etc.
· The ability to drive issues to resolution.
· Strong communication skills, ability to work closely with other members of the team.
· Proficiency in Unix/Linux/Windows knowledge.
· Experience in Oracle E-Business, Oracle Business Intelligence. Informatica, Hyperion Essbase, and Integration tools like Mulesoft & CastItron.
· Strong understanding of RDBMS concept and SQL, preferably in Oracle.
Akamai provides market-leading managed services for powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online. Having pioneered the content delivery market more than a decade ago, Akamai's services have been adopted by many of the world's most recognized brands across diverse industries. Since its start in 1998, Akamai has grown from a research "big idea" into one of the world's most successful technology companies, with consistent profitability and inclusion as an S&P 500 company. With more than 1,800 employees and over 65,000 servers located around the globe, Akamai is committed to innovation in technology and service. Akamai has transformed the Internet into a more viable place to inform, entertain, advertise, interact, and collaborate. Akamai - Powering a Better Internet.
About the Team
One key ingredient to Akamai's success has been an exceptional level of customer service and customization throughout a customer's life cycle–-initial contacts, pre-sales consultation, contracting and integration, upgrades, event support, and strategic consultation. Also, Akamai is a successful business because it is an efficient business. Supporting Akamai's people in delivering this service and efficiency level requires a diverse array of enterprise applications. The team responsible for these applications is distributed, with staff in Bangalore, India. The team works on automating the workflows for various departments in the enterprise. By creating a common framework of enterprise applications, the team has a first order impact on Akamai's continued growth while saving millions of dollars.
· Expert knowledge of Three (or more): Unix, SQL, CRM Application Exposure, Integration tools like Informatica/CastIron/Mulesoft.
· Prior operations experience (2 or more years) in supporting Enterprise Applications.
· Experience in providing operational support, preferably Enterprise Application and able to prioritize the task as needed.
· Strong desire to learn and increase knowledge set.
· Exposure to on-call support / production support.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.