Akamai Technologies, Inc Senior QA Engineer II in Santa Clara, California
Senior QA Engineer II
Santa Clara, United States
Jul 23, 2018 Post Date
013214 Requisition #
About the Role:
This role will be focused on testing the performance, reliability, scalability, security, and functionality of Akamai's Carrier Subscriber Protection Services Platform. These licensed cloud and on-site systems supply critical core Domain Name Service which provide a fault-tolerant, highly scalable system with real time monitoring and additional protection. The ideal candidate will possess strong automation development skills and work with engineering and quality teams to build and maintain system-level test automation tools. Our automation infrastructure spans many languages and supports testing robust, critical, front-end and back-end systems. You will gather requirements, design, implement, and maintain tools and infrastructure used to test software serving and securing billions of queries per second around the world.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer Senior II you will be responsible for:
● Developing full solution test coverage for network software applications
● Working with the Product, QA, and Engineering teams in the design and implementation of test automation tools
● Review team member tests and test plans
● Ensuring that system and software under test meet product design/specifications
● Performing full SQA cycles for software releases in a fast-pace environment. This includes - but is not limited to - gathering specs, developing test plans, running automated and manual tests as needed, and analyzing test results
● Designing, implementing, and supporting the infrastructure used for automated testing of complex systems
About the Team
Akamai’s Carrier Products Business Unit is a dynamic “start-in” group that defines, develops, and sells Akamai’s carrier products to fixed and mobile carriers. The group is responsible for Akamai’s Network Operator Solutions and incorporates the strength of Akamai’s globally-distributed computing service packaged into products and sold to network service providers (Telcos, ISPs, MSOs). The division collaborates closely with the other product and engineering groups within Akamai as well many external partners and customers.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
• 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree (its equivalent) or 6 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree Computer Science or its equivalent
• 8 years of overall, relevant experience in QA/Testing/Development network software applications
• 8 years of experience working in Linux/Unix environment
• 4 years testing very large scale, distributed systems
• 4 years of experience with internet/security protocols, e.g. TCP/UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSL, TLS
• 8 years’ experience developing automation in one or more of the following languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripting, Java or C+Desired Skills
• Experience developing or testing network software applications
• Experience with testing very large scale, distributed systems
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Familiarity with test tools and continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins
• Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills, attention to detail
• Willingness and flexibility to switch between multiple high priority assignments
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.