Akamai Technologies, Inc. Software Engineer II in Santa Clara, California
Software Engineer II
Santa Clara, United States
Jun 24, 2018 Post Date
012962 Requisition #
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Akamaiʼs global footprint of over 220,000 servers provides an overlay network with scale and capacity to not just deliver the largest web events but also secure the largest Internet brands from attack. Akamai builds highly fault-tolerant wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value web sites. Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers, with over $100 billion in annual revenue.
We are Access Engineering team -- part of Enterprise Division of Akamai. Our mission is to provide Identity based secure access to enterprise applications over internet. Enterprise Access product provides access, authentication, value added services and visibility to the enterprises. Combining these capabilities with Akamai global network provides a huge value to enterprises not only in the improved user experience but also security.
Akamai Access Team is seeking an experienced full stack senior software engineer to build products and enhancements for IDP and access products. We build and enhance proxies, load balancers, authentication systems, single sign on systems, two factor systems. These products and services are used by end users on a daily basis to get their work done.
● Design, develop, validate, maintain, release, and operate Python and Go backend application.
● Take complete ownership of the project from design to implementation and to deployment.
● Collaborate with Product Management and rest of the engineering team to deliver the products and features.
● Proactively tackle and solve hard problems with high success rate.
● Participate in SCRUM team planning, and technical meetings.
Required Education and Skills:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
3 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or 1 year of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in Computer Science or 1 years of relevant experience and a PhD
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
● 3+ years in full stack engineering roles.
● 1+ years of experience using RDBMs such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
● 1+ years of front end technologies like AngularJS or ReactJS.
● Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Knowledge of AWS services and experience using EC2.
● Experience working in Linux environment (we use a mix of Ubuntu and Amazon Linux).
● Comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and/or configuration management.
● Database (RDBMS & NoSQL) schema design.
● Willingness to learn new technologies.
Is relocation available for this position: No
Is US Citizenship required: No
Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.